Twenty-First Report of the Jew’s Deaf and Dumb Home, Walmer Road, Notting Hill, London 1891

The Jews Deaf and Dumb Home was founded in 1863 by Baroness Mayer de Rothschild as a school where resident Jewish children could learn to speak.  Originally in Whitechapel, it moved to Walmer Road, Notting Hill. The first Director was William Van Praagh, from the Netherlands, who had been invited to England to help convert … Continue reading Twenty-First Report of the Jew’s Deaf and Dumb Home, Walmer Road, Notting Hill, London 1891