This book is a classic, published by the Arbeiter Freund – The Workman’s Friend. There is no printers imprint, but it was probably printed by Israel Narodiczky at his press in Whitechapel and has printers ornaments or fleurons at the beginning of each chapter.
It was first published during Kropotkin’s imprisonment and contains articles written between 1870 and 1882. This was Kropotkin’s first book, and is the product of an anarchist agitator, written before he had exchanged Russian prisons for London suburbia. The introduction is by Elisie Reclus.